One of my New Year Goals was to finally learn how to cook more. So far this year I’ve made Chicken & Leak Soup and Steak Pie. Its so fun learning new recipes and becoming more confident in the Kitchen – although I still squirm away from raw meats..
Today I’m sharing my recipe for a Homemade Steak Pie! Me and my mum made it yesterday and it turned out amazing! It tasted so good! We didn’t even follow a set recipe we just made it up as we went along.
This is something I want to continue sharing on the blog. More recipes & food related posts. I’m learning more about good food and easy recipes so I want to share them with you too!
- Braising Steak – Cut into small cubes
- A Bowl of Flour to Coat the Steak
- 1x Onion -Finely Chopped
- A little Oil
- 1x Beef Stock Cube
- 1x Oxo Cube
- Puff Pastry
- Cut up the Braising Steak into Small Cubes
- Coat the steak cubes in some flour – this will help thicken the gravy
- Add the Beef Stock Cube and Oxo cube to boiling water.
- Put the steak in a pan with a little oil and cook until brown
- Once almost browned add in the chopped onion
- Once Browned add the stock and bring to a boil
- Turn down to simmer & leave for an hour (or longer if you have time)
- Roll out the puff pastry to fit over the top of your pie tray.
- Once the steak is cooked add to your pie tray and cover with the pastry and cook for 20-30 minutes in the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top Tip – Put an egg cup upside down in the pie tray, this will stop your pastry sinking into the pie!