I’m back today with another recipe post for you. This time it’s my recipe for Lemon Drizzle Cake. And I’m not just saying this but this is a pretty great cake.
I made it for the first time a few months ago and its still one of my favourites to make. its also the first time in years one of my cakes actually turned out really good. It didn’t last long in the house so safe to say it was a hit.
The Lemon Drizzle cake goes so well with a cup or tea and is perfect for an afternoon treat. Its also super easy to make so I’ve shared the recipe with you down below.
8oz Caster Sugar
4 Free Range Eggs
8oz Self Raising Flour
1 Lemon – for zest + juice
3oz of icing sugar – add more if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 170c
- Grease loaf tin with butter & baking powder
- Mix the butter & caster sugar together
- Add eggs one at a time – stirring after each one
- Add flour and lemon zest
- Back for 40 mins to an hour
- Stir together Lemon Juice and Icing Sugar
- Once cooled poke holes in the top of cake
- Drizzle on the icing and leave to set.