Back with another recipe post today. It feels like it’s been ages since I’ve shared a recipe.
Today I wanted to share my nana’s recipe for a Cold pasta salad. This only takes about 30 – 45 mins to cook. So it is perfect for a quick supper or a pre-made lunch for the work the next day. This is also a great side dish for a barbecue or buffet table too. It may not be the healthiest of Cold Pasta Salads -considering the amount of mayonnaise used – but it is a great alternative lunch dish or side dish.
As I said this Cold Pasta Salad is quick and easy to make and only has a few ingredients. Lately I have been making portions for my supper then making extra for my lunch the next day. I have shared the method and ingredients below but you can add anything you want into this dish. We make it with bacon and sweetcorn but you can also add spring onion. Even adding cheese and any other veg can make this dish your own.
Cold Pasta Salad
- Pasta – As much as required
- Bacon Pieces
- You can also mix in any ingredients to the recipe you wish.
- Spring Onion, Cheese, Peppers, Onion are all good alternatives/additions.
- Boil the pasta until soft. Drain and let it cool.
- Cook Bacon pieces until they are fully cooked and brown.
- Chop up Bacon into small pieces.
- Once cool mix the pasta with the bacon.
- Add in the Mayonnaise and stir all together.
- Next Add in the Sweetcorn or
- Add in any extra ingredients you wish.
- Salt for flavour.
- Stir Together and Serve.